Suggested Catalogue Searches
The last provincial general election took place on May 9, 2017 in British Columbia.
This guide is designed to help you to find information on a variety of topics related to the current provincial election. Many resources are available at the Central Library (350 West Georgia Street). Please ask the Information staff if you need help.
The four major provincial parties that contested the 2013 provincial election and their leaders are:
- BC Conservative Party
- BC Liberal Party - Christy Clark
- BC NDP (New Democratic Party) - John Horgan
- Green Party of BC - Andrew Weaver
A complete list of Registered political parties with contact info and links to official party websites can be found on the Elections BC website.
The CBC has an updated list of currently nominated candidates for the 2017 election.
Provincial political parties usually display election platforms on their official websites.
- Members of the Legislative Assembly - Find your current MLA and district.
- Electoral District Maps - Shows riding boundaries and voting places.
- B.C. Electoral District Profiles. - from the CBC.
Information on voting eligibility requirements, voter identification, where to vote, voting opportunities (e.g. advance voting, absentee voting, alternative absentee voting, and voting by mail), voters needing assistance or needing a translator, and time off from work for voting can be found on the Elections BC website under Voting.
- April 19 hosted by News 1130
- April 26 hosted by the B.C. Broadcast Consortium.